Thursday, December 1, 2011

Interview with Nicole Weaver for My Sister Is My Best Friend

Tune in today at http://blogtalkradio.com/storiesfromunknownauthors at 6:30pm est to hear Nicole Weaver talk about her book, My Sister is My Best Friend.

My Sister is my Best Friend: A Trilingual Story



  • Paperback: 16 pages
  • Publisher: Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc (November 14, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1616332093
  • ISBN-13: 978-1616332099
  • Bio:
    Nicole weaver was born in Port-au-Prince Haiti. She came to the United States when she was ten years old. She is fluent in Creole, French, Spanish and English. She is a veteran teacher of French and Spanish. Her second children's trilingual book titled: My Sister is My Best Friend will be published by Guardian Angel Publishing. She is also the author of a children's trilingual picture book titled : Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle. The story is about a Haitian little girl who resided by the beach in Haiti.



    Review:

    This book is about two sister's who do everything together. They play dolls together. They play with their big fluffy dog, Bernard. They play in the park and do many other things together, having adventures every day of their lives. They are twin sister's who are thankful to have each other to play with and be around. My Sister Is My Best Friend is a 16 page trilingual picture book for children between the ages of 3-7 years of age. Children will be able to read the story in English, Spanish and French.

    This story brings the true meaning of friendship to light. We may have best friends in the world, but no bond is better then the one we have with our siblings. It is those friendships that truly do last forever, because there really is no one who knows us better. Children will relish in the bond the sister's have and will have a nice warm feeling brewing inside them as the girls go about their day in each other's company, as well as in their mothers.

    The illustrations are charming and heart warming as the illustrator, Clara Smith, creates these sister's so realistically to the reader. The twins wearing matching outfits, along with similar hair styles, reminds this reviewer of when I was a child with my sister and we looked liked twins constantly. The soft warm colors are soothing and colorful, bring an uplifting warmth that matches the story perfectly.  A delightful story for all.   

    1 comment:

    1. Renee,

      Very charming review of my book. Thanks so much. I am looking forward to this interview.

      Nicole Weaver
      Trilingual Children's Author
      http://mysisterismybestfriend.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete